Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I married my dad....

OKay, so i didn't really marry my dad. When i was growing up my mom would try to surprise my dad with little gifts or with some big exciting news and the reaction she would get was much smaller than the reaction she had been hoping for. She would follow his reaction with a frusterated look and then she'd throw her hands up in the air and say "I give up!" I thought it was funny... until it happened to me.

So for the past couple of days, our dishes have been piling up. I've never been real tidy and Travis has been trying to adjust to living with me. I had been working for 20 days in a row! Yesterday was my first day off in 20 days!! I had planned on just having a completely lazy day and enjoying it. It was about 6:30 and i knew travis got off at 8. So since our dishes had been piling up and he had been hinting towards me that i should do them, i decided i would load the dishes up and start the dish washer. Sure, it was a small gesture, but i was SURE he would show some appreciation!

Travis came home around 8:15, took his shoes off where he always takes his shoes off, and went into the kitchen. The dish washer was running, and i waited for some kind of sign that he noticed.... nothing.

Obviously i was giong to ahve to be unhumble about this.

"I did the dishes!" i exclaimed.

"What about these?" he asked while pointing to the very few that wouldn't fit in the washer.

Not the reaction i had wanted. So i rolled my eyes and sat down to pout.

I think this is just one of those battles im going to loose. Travis is just like my dad... and i'm living my mother's life. The only difference was, i used to think it was funny, now i think its aggrivating.

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I giggled just a little bit when I read that :)