Monday, November 24, 2008

CLose to the End...

I figured i'd just skip abunch of boring details and tell you the end... lol

Travis was at LCU for his sophomore year in college. It was good to finally have him in the same city again. That year was tough on me and my family and problems were arising within our home. Travis was having to put up with a lot.

For my birthday that year, Travis took me to the Fort Worth zoo...(if you know me at all... you know i LOVE animals!) It was pretty chilly, so most of the animals were hiding, but i still had a blast just spending time with Travis. But when i got home that weekend, my parents had decided it was time for me to move out. We were just having too many problems and we weren't getting along. They told me to pack up my things and find somewhere to go.

I sat in my room with tears just falling down my cheeks. I had no idea where i was going to go. I was scared i was going to have to live outside in the cold. The only person i could think to call was of course, poor Travis. When he answered i tried to stay calm and hold my tears back, but i just couldnt.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I explained to him everythign had that happened when i walked into my parents house.

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

"I don't know." I replied.

He told me to hold on and he would call his parents. When he called me back, he told me his parents had said i could live with them until i found somewhere to live. I was soo emotional by now, that i coulnd't say anything. He was going to come pick me up and take me to his parents house. When i saw Travis' truck pull up, i was about to walk out when my mom asked if i was goign to say goodbye. I didn't want to say goodbye to them. I was so mad at them that at that point in time i didn't care if i never spoke to them again. She hugged me and told me she and my dad thought this was for the best. "Whatever" i thought in my head.

I walked outside and Travis met me half way to grab my bags. He wrapped me in his arms for a while and let me cry. He told me everything was going to be okay and we left. Travis was really sweet to me through it all. I had a lot of emotional break downs and i had a lot of anger that i sometimes vented out on him, but he never gave up on me. In fact, after i had been living with his parents for about a week, Travis was helping me find a place to live. i couldn't afford much. At the time i was only working part time at Kirklands, which didn'tpay very well at all. So when we found a place, Travis helped me put the down payment down and then helped me move in.

I had been living in my new place for about a week, when Travis told me that he wanted to go on a date. Not a , "let's by some dinner and come back and watch a movie" kind of date, but a real date. Travis and i didn't do real dates very often so i knew something was up. So on December 20th, 2007 we went out on a real date. We went to clay cafe and painted a tea pot, ate at On the Border ( my favorite) and then drove around. He asked me where i wanted to go, and i told him i didn't care. He was driving in the direction of his parents house, so i figured that's where we were going. But he turned into the neighborhood across the street from his parents and then i was confused. He pulled over, and told me he had my christmas gift that he wanted to give me. He reached behind me and gave me a card with a stuffed animal. I didn't understand the significance of the animal, but he told me to walk outside with him and to bring the animal. When we got outside, and stopped walking, i realized we were where we had had our first kiss. He told me to open the pouch taht was on the bear.

There was a small box. He took the box, and got on one knee. At this point, i knew what was about to happen.

"Jennifer, I love you. Will you spend the rest of your life with me?"

I tried to drag my answer out, but it was cold! So i quickly said, "YES!"


**************************************************************************


The rest is history. That is our love story. Sorry i cut out abunch of details in this one, but it was getting long and i don't think many of you really read them anyway! lol So now i can start writing about our everyday lives and whats new. I hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Thanks for sharing your story. I love to hear how other people end up together. Have a great Tgiv.

Ashley said...

I also like hearing about other people's love stories. Makes me want to post about how Matt and I got together. :)