Thursday, March 12, 2009

Taking a break

So the diet things is getting old... both writing about it and doing it... lol So i'm doing something new to take a break!

I'm going to pick one person who is in my life to write about. Each day will be about someone new. I'll write about how we met, our experiences together, their influence on me...etc. To often, we take the ones who mean the most to us for granted. This is my way of showing those i love the appreciation i don't always give them.

First on the list: Mommy.Mom is on the right. Of course, i met my mom when she gave birth to me. There's not a whole lot of people in the world that you can honestly say will love you no matter what you do or say. But my mom has loved me everyday of my life no matter what stupid thing i did, or mean thing i said to her.

My favorite memory with my mom are of all the Christmas' we spent together. My mom loves giving and loves seeing the joy on our faces when would open gifts. She gave up so many things so that she could afford to give us a "good" christmas. We would write letters to santa, go to bed and when we woke up in the morning, there was a note from santa! These letters were so believable! the letters were always backwords and thigns were mispelled... but i just thought Santa was too busy making and delivering toys to know how to write! My mom did her best to make our Christmas' memorable!

My mom influences me more than she probably knows. Growing up, we fought non-stop and never really got along. BUt now, i value and appreciate everything my mom has to offer.... yes, even her advice! She pushes me to constantly make myself a better person today than i was the day before. Sometimes she can come off as pushy, but its really just her way of saying, "hey i believe in you!"

Mom loves God. There was never a day in my life that my mom waivered in her faith in God and if she did, she didn't show it. Every time we did something mean or bad, mom prayed WITH us so taht we could learn that when we sinned, it was important to talk to God. we've all put her through storms and dark places, but she's still strong. I know GOd is just as proud of her as i am.

This is my mom.

No comments: