Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Body Changes

I've heard when women get pregnant, that some of them get morning sickness but a few are luck enough to never experience it! So when i found out i was pregnant, I was hoping i would be one of the lucky ones... but I was not. BUT there are a few days here and there that i don't get nauseous. This morning, however, was not one of those days. This morning was the first day i had to spend time "worshiping the ceramic throne". Needless to say, I am ready for my first trimester to be over!!

I am in the middle of my 6th week now, and so far i have gained 1lb! It's a little hard to accept that gaining weight is okay, because i have worked so hard for so long to LOOSE weight even if I do have another person inside me! BUT I guess 1lb in 6 weeks isn't too bad?? I just don't want to get huge! So for snacks and such, i've been eating A LOT of grapes, pears and peaches! For some reason I am craving grapes out the wassu!! But i guess thats better than craving cheese burgers right?

I have also completely given up caffeine! That's been the hardest thing for me i think. I'm trying to drink tons of water!!

Other than being tired all the time, having some morning sickness and feeling bloated.... my body hasn't experienced many physical changes. I still can't believe I have a little person growing inside of me!

4 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Good idea getting off the caffine. That's really all I gave up with my pregnancies.

I heard once that when you crave stuff like fruit, scrambled eggs, etc, it's your body's way of telling you that you need whatever nutrients, vitamins, etc in those foods.

With the girls, I craved scrambled eggs for a while and my doc said I probably needed the extra protien.

I was totally craving a Mc D's egg mc muffin one night about 10 when Honey got in from an elder's mtg. He went to Mc D's to try to talk them in to making me one, but they wouldn't. I just had to wait til the next morning...it had to be Mc Ds

Jennifer said...

HAha, i promised Travis that i would try not to make outragious demands when i got pregnant.... but we're almost out of grapes!! lol

Ashley said...

I remember those days! It will get better soon!! Saltines before I got out of bed helped me a lot.

Laci said...

ya I've never been prego, but I've heard several times that eating something like crackers or bread before you get out of bed really helps!