Thursday, July 17, 2008

The simple Life

I don't have much of a social life. I go out every once in a while with some friends, or spend time at my parents house. Somtimes I go because I want to, but mostly because I feel the need to make others happy. BUT most of my time consists of sitting at a computer desk for means of income. The remaining parts of my life consist of sitting alone at home and waiting for my other half to come home from work. Until lately it was really bothering me that i didn't have more to do and that I didn't have many friends to call. At times it even mademe feel like i wasn't being a very good wife or a very good friend. However, as time has passed i've come to enjoy the quiet and peaceful alone time.

Why would anyone enjoy being alone? Why would I choose to to sit at home on a saturday night? Here is why: I love a simple life. I LIKE having time to relax and to step away from all the pressures of the world. I love not feeling like i have to be somewhere at a certain time and being almost "rush free". But most of all, I love using that time to find God and to talk to God. Often times I find myself talking to God about my day, asking him to keep some one safe, or just singing songs to him. (sometimes out loud!) I enjoy this time because I realize that as i get older and graduate college, eventually start to have kids and have a real job i wont have a simple, relaxing and easy life.

So judge all you want. You can think that I am a loser and that I am boring, but I know what I am doing. I'm taking life as it comes and trying to enjoy every second of it!

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I don't think you're a loser...just getting old! Just kidding. But I do love me some quiet time, and I'm older than Moses. Those two things may or may not be related.